Labor Standards Act（2016.11.16）
Provisions of Article 14 are amended and promulgated in accordance with the presidential order of Hua-Zong-Yi-Yi-Zi No. 10500140131 dated Nov. 16, 2016
A worker may terminate a labor contract without giving advance notice to the employer in any of the following situations:
1. Where an employer misrepresents any fact at the time of signing a labor contract in a manner which might mislead his/her worker and thus caused him/her to sustain damage therefrom.
2. Where an employer, his/her family member or his/ her agent commits violence or grossly insults the worker.
3. Where the work specified in a labor contract is likely to be injurious to the worker's health and the worker has requested his/her employer to improve working conditions but all in vain.
4. The employer, the agent of the employer, or co-worker suffers from a noted contagious disease that may infect employees working with the infected person and seriously endanger their health.
5. Where an employer fails to pay for work in accordance with the labor contract or to give sufficient work to a worker who is paid on a piecework basis.
6. Where an employer breaches a labor contract or violates any labor statute or administrative regulation in a manner likely to adversely affect the rights and interests of the particular worker.
If an employee intends to terminate the contract in accordance with Subparagraph 1 or 6 of the preceding Paragraph, he or she shall do so within 30 days of the date the employee became knowledgeable of the situation. However, the employee shall do so within 30 days of the date of the employee knowing the result of damages in the event the employer falls under any of the circumstances specified in Subparagraph 6.
An employee shall not terminate the contract under any of the circumstances specified in Subparagraph 2 or 4 of Paragraph 1 if the employer has terminated an agency contract, or if the party suffering from a noted contagious disease has received treatment in accordance with health regulations.
The provisions of Article 17 shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to the termination of labor contract pursuant to this article.