Regulations on Technician Skills Certification and Issuance of Certificates（2017.10.03）
20.Amended & promulgated Article 11、16、39-1、48、49 by MOL with Lao-Dong-Fa-Neng-Tzu No. 1060518077 on October 3, 2017
The following persons of participating in skills competition can apply to the Central Competent Authority for waiving the field test:
1. Those ranking in the top three places or awarded a prize in an WorldSkills competition held by WorldSkills International or vocational skills competition of International Abilympic held by International Abilympic Federation have attended for any class of skills certification for related job categories within five years since the date of winning the foresaid competition.
2. Those passing the National Skills Competition or National Skills Competition for the Physically and Mentally Challenged held by the Central Competent Authority have attended for Class B, Class C, or single class skills certification for related job categories within three years since the date of passing the foresaid competition.
3. Those ranking in the top three places in Regional Skills competitions held by the Central Competent Authority, or skills and crafts competition held by government-approved agencies (institutions), schools, or organizations of juristic person have attended for Class C or single class skills certification for related job categories within three years since the date of winning the foresaid competition.
Persons excused from the field test referred to in the preceding paragraph shall apply for the job categories applicable since the date of awarding or winning. The years of waiving the field test are calculated in accordance with Paragraph 4 Article 10.
The Central Competent Authority shall publicly announce the related job categories, classes and items waived of field test referred to in the preceding paragraph.
The Central Competent Authority shall publicly announce the qualifications and documents required to submit for units applying for government approval referred to in Subparagraph 3 of Paragraph 1.
Units entrusted or commissioned to provide special skills certification shall meet the following qualifications:
1. To Vocational training agencies (institutions) established by the government and vocational training units established by correction agencies of the Ministry of Justice, the job categories provided shall be related to their training courses and the training hours of the stage shall at least meet one of the following conditions:
〔1〕For Class A and Class B skills certification, having completed training courses of rudimentary training publicly announced or approved by the vocational training competent authority.
〔2〕For Class C skills certification, having completed no less than 80 hours.
2. To a business entity:
〔1〕It obtains registration document in accordance with related statutes, and whose business items are related to job categories of skills certification provided.
〔2〕Its internal rule prescribes that a certain job must be undertaken by certified technicians or employees passing skills certification will be awarded with incentive of position promotion or remuneration adjustment.
〔3〕 It obtains the approval by the competent authority and provides short-term training to employees, and also pays for or subsidizes the fees for skills certification.
3. To subordinated agencies (institutions) under the Ministry of National Defense, they obtain the approval by the Ministry of National Defense and provide short-term training for military personnel.
4. To the central education competent authority, matters concerning the procedures of providing skills certification and units undertaking skills certification shall be described by the annual plan jointly discussed and determined by the Central Competent Authority with the central education competent authority.
5. To a legally established trade association or labor union:
〔1〕 Its tasks specified in its charter shall be related to the applied job categories of skills certification.
〔2〕 It has obtained the legal registration document of establishment approval issued by the competent authority for more than three years.
〔3〕It obtains the document issued by the competent authority as a proof that it is operating in normal.
〔4〕It has planned a promotion proposal of skills certification, and such proposal has been passed and recorded by the member (representative) meeting and further submitted to the competent authority for approval.
〔5〕 It has a site reserved for the use of written test, and it can accommodate at least 10 persons for testing each time.
〔6〕 It provides short-term training to its association member or employed labors, by obtaining the competent authority for approval, and paying for or subsidizing the fees for skills certification.
Where persons with invigilator and marker qualification are found truth of having one of the following situations, the Central Competent Authority shall revoke or abolish their invigilator and marker qualification certificates for the class of job category concerned and notify them to return the certificates:
1. Working as the responsible person, staffs or tutors at such profit units as tutoring schools related to job categories for skills certification.
2. Refusing to avoid conflict of interest when their spouses, former spouses, blood relations within the top four degrees of kinship or marital relations within the top three degrees of kinship are participants in the tests for skills certification.
3. Refusing to avoid conflict of interest when a person who is now or has worked as lecturer participant’s two years prior to the first day of his/her registration echelon.
4. Refusing to avoid conflict of interest when heads (responsible persons) of organs (agencies), groups, schools, or institution (organization), or directly officers are currently engaging examiners.
5. Refusing to avoid conflict of interest when other specific facts are sufficient to prove a biased performance of their duties.
When persons with invigilator and marker qualification have the situation referred to in Subparagraph 1 of the preceding paragraph during the period of their invigilation or marking duties suspended or terminated, their invigilator and marker qualification certificates shall not be revoked or abolished.
Persons whose invigilator and marker qualification certificates have been revoked or abolished referred to Paragraph 1 can no longer participate in the training for invigilator and marker qualification for the class of job category concerned.
The contents and recorded items of technician certificates are as follows:
1. Name, date of birth, and national identification number;
3. Job category and class;
4. Serial number of technician certificate;
5. Agency of issuing the certificate;
6. Date of being effective;
7. Date of issuance; and
8. Other items to be recorded as identified by the central competent authority.
The technician diploma shall record the name and items referred to in Subparagraphs 2 to 7 of the preceding paragraph.
Technician certificates and diplomas shall not be lent to others for use. The Central Competent Authority shall abolish the technician certificates and cancel the technician diplomas of those in violation of the foresaid provision.
Where persons participating in the skills certification are found to have any of the following situations, their application qualification or the result of their written or field test shall be revoked and no certificate shall then be issued; those are already issued technician certificates and diplomas, their technician certificates shall also be revoked and diplomas cancelled.
1. The application qualifications of any person participating in skills competitions does not meet the requirements;
2 Any person who violates the regulations for written and field tests;
3. Any person who uses a false or assumed name;
4. Any person who counterfeits or alters examinee ID documents;
5. Any person who disrupts the inside or outside order of the test site by disobeying test field supervisors trying to persuade them to listen to;
6. Any person who, whether through fraud or other malpractice, causes an inaccurate result of the examination; or
7. Other acts of cheating discovered during an examination.
When persons of applying for or participating in the skills certification are involved in the cheating referred to in the preceding paragraph, the competent authority shall notify their schools or agencies to investigate and deal with; if they are involved in criminal responsibility, the central competent authority shall transfer them to the prosecuting agency.
When the Central Competent Authority revokes technician certificates or cancels technician diplomas, it shall notify the same to the central competent authority of related business.