Safety Standard of Machinery and Equipment（2018.10.12）
1. The entire text of 86 articles promulgated by Council of Labor Affairs , Executive Yuan, (81) Tai-Lao-An-2-Tzu No. 23166 on July 27, 1992.
2. First amended by Council of Labor Affairs , Executive Yuan, (90) Tai-Lao-An-2-Tzu No. 0043468 on September 12, 2001.
3. Second amended by Council of Labor Affairs , Executive Yuan, Tai-Lao-An-2-Tzu No. 0930037502 on July 30, 2004.
4. Third amended and corrected release name (original name: Mechanical- appliances- and -guards Sandard) by Council of Labor Affairs , Executive Yuan, Tai-Lao-An-2-Tzu No. 0980145475 on May 13, 2009.
5. Fourth amended and corrected release name (original name: Mechanical- appliances- and- Safety guards Sandard) by Ministry of Labor, Executive Yuan , Lao-Zi-Sou-Tzu -Tzu No. 10302007911 on June 26, 2014.
6. Fifth amended by Ministry of Labor, Executive Yuan , Lao-Zi-Sou-Tzu No. 1030202154 on December 13, 2014.
7. Sixth amendment by Ministry of Labor, Executive Yuan, Lao-Zi-Sou-Tzu No. 10502026292 on August 5, 2016
8. Seventh amendment by Ministry of Labor, Executive Yuan, Lao-Zi-Sou-Tzu No. 1070204845 on October 12, 2018
This standard is applicable to machinery, equipment or devices stated below:
1. Those specified in Article 12 of the Enforcement Rules of the Act.
2. Those announced by the central competent authority in according with Paragraph 1, Article 8 of the Act.
The structures, performances and safe guards of the above-mentioned machinery, equipment or devices shall not below the requirements of this standard.
Fork, ram and others to load goods (hereinafter referred to as the fork) of a forklift truck shall meet the following requirements:
1. There is no significant damage, deformation or corrosion if the material is steel.
2. The stress in the fork shall be below one third of the yield strength of steel used in the fork, when the maximum load is put in the base-load center.
Forklift trucks, which are not new and of which the forks comply with ISO 5057, may not be subject to the restrictions stated in the subparagraph 2 of the preceding paragraph.
Where the forklift truck is equipped with a driver seat in a lifting manner, an armrest and a fall prevention device shall be provided.
Forklift truck operated by driver-sitting shall comply with the following requirements:
1. The seat cushion shall be made of shock-absorption materials to prevent significant vibration of the body of the driver when the truck is moving.
2. The driver seat of a counter-balance type forklift truck and side loading type forklift truck shall be equipped with safety belts, guard rails or other protective devices that prevent the driver from crushing when the truck falls.
Chapter 7 Explosion-proof and electroshock-proof equipment
The structures and performances of the voltage reducing devices for AC arc welding equipment shall comply with the requirements of CNS 4782.
This standard was implemented on the date of promulgation, except Articles 110 and 111, which was implemented on July 1, 2011.
Amendments to this standard are implemented on the date of promulgation, except those promulgated on June 26, 2014 and December 22, 2014, which were implemented on July 3, 2014 and January 1, 2015 respectively.