Chapter III Commission of Written and Field Tests
The Central Competent Authority shall before the beginning of a calendar year publicly announce matters concerning stages, classes of job category, registration and tests of National Skills Certification, and holds national skills certification for non-specific persons. The Central Competent Authority may, if necessary, hold special skills certification for specific persons or purposes.
The Central Competent Authority may entrust its subordinated agencies or commission other agencies (institutions), schools or organizations of juristic person to handle certification administration of written and field tests for skills certification.
When units are entrusted or commissioned to process field test for skills certification, taking other than non-choice-question written tests, their sites, machines and equipment shall be evaluated and authorized by the Central Competent Authority.
When a unit entrusted or commissioned to process skills certification that includes any of the following situations, the Central Competent Authority may cease to entrust or commission these assignments:
1.It is found truth that the unit has been intentionally neglectful or made serious mistakes in reviewing the qualifications of examinees for skills certification.
2.The unit has been notified to improve within a given period, but fails to improve by the end of given period when processing certification administration that is not in accordance with related regulations.
3.It is found beyond doubt that the unit has collected fees more than that of prescribed criteria, or obtained illegal gains when processing vocational training or skills certification.
4.The unit entrusts the commissioned certification administration to other units without approval.
5.The unit has seriously violated the Regulations and provisions of related statutes and regulations.
The Central Competent Authority may entrust or commission the following units to handle certification administration of written and field tests for skills certification for specific persons:
1. Vocational training agencies (institutions) established by the government to provide skills certification for the trainees of their own training programs.
2. Vocational training units established by correction agencies of the Ministry of Justice to provide skills certification for the inmates.
3. Business entities to provide skills certification for their employees.
4. Subordinated agencies (institutions) of the Ministry of National Defense to provide skills certification for military personnel;
5. The Ministry of Education to provide skills certification for students currently enrolled.
6. Legally established trade associations to provide skills certification for employees of their member business entities.
7. Legally established labor unions to provide skills certification for their members.
8. Other agencies (institutions) that are approved in accordance with statutes or under special programs to provide skills certification.
Units entrusted or commissioned to provide special skills certification shall meet the following qualifications:
1. To Vocational training agencies (institutions) established by the government and vocational training units established by correction agencies of the Ministry of Justice, the job categories provided shall be related to their training courses and the training hours of the stage shall at least meet one of the following conditions:
〔1〕For Class A and Class B skills certification, having completed training courses of rudimentary training publicly announced or approved by the vocational training competent authority.
〔2〕For Class C skills certification, having completed no less than 80 hours.
2. To a business entity:
〔1〕It obtains registration document in accordance with related statutes, and whose business items are related to job categories of skills certification provided.
〔2〕Its internal rule prescribes that a certain job must be undertaken by certified technicians or employees passing skills certification will be awarded with incentive of position promotion or remuneration adjustment.
〔3〕 It obtains the approval by the competent authority and provides short-term training to employees, and also pays for or subsidizes the fees for skills certification.
3. To subordinated agencies (institutions) under the Ministry of National Defense, they obtain the approval by the Ministry of National Defense and provide short-term training for military personnel.
4. To the central education competent authority, matters concerning the procedures of providing skills certification and units undertaking skills certification shall be described by the annual plan jointly discussed and determined by the Central Competent Authority with the central education competent authority.
5. To a legally established trade association or labor union:
〔1〕 Its tasks specified in its charter shall be related to the applied job categories of skills certification.
〔2〕 It has obtained the legal registration document of establishment approval issued by the competent authority for more than three years.
〔3〕It obtains the document issued by the competent authority as a proof that it is operating in normal.
〔4〕It has planned a promotion proposal of skills certification, and such proposal has been passed and recorded by the member (representative) meeting and further submitted to the competent authority for approval.
〔5〕 It has a site reserved for the use of written test, and it can accommodate at least 10 persons for testing each time.
〔6〕 It provides short-term training to its association member or employed labors, by obtaining the competent authority for approval, and paying for or subsidizing the fees for skills certification.
Applicants for special skills certification shall also meet one of the following conditions, in addition to the qualifications prescribed in Chapter II:
1. To trainees, they are currently receiving training at a vocational training agencies (institutions) and apply for job categories of skills certification related to the training.
2. To inmates, they are currently receiving training at the vocational training unit of a correction agency under the Ministry of Justice and apply for job categories of skills certification related to the training.
3. To in-service employees, they have completed short-term skill training programs and are the insured of Civil Servant Insurance or Labor Insurance.
4. To military personnel, they are military officers and soldiers, students of military academy or contracted employees in military units and have completed short-term skill training programs.
5. To students, they are currently enrolled at schools.
6. To employees in member business entities of trade associations, they have completed short-term training programs and are now the insured of Labor Insurance scheme.
7. To labor union members, they have completed short-term training programs and are now the insured of Labor Insurance scheme.
Applicants for skills certification referred to in the preceding paragraph can only apply for one job category in each stage.
The job categories and classes of special skills certification shall be limited to those job categories and classes of publicly announced National Skills Certification, but the job categories and classes that the field test questions prior to the field test being taken has been classified as confidential shall be approved by the Central Competent Authority
Unless obtaining approval from the Central Competent Authority due to exceptional circumstances, units providing special skills certification shall meet the following conditions:
1. The number of participants in skills certification of the same job category and class in each stage shall be no less than 10 persons.
2. When the method of written questions is adopted for the written test for Class A and Class B, the test shall be taken together with National Skills Certification; but, if necessary, the Central Competent Authority may prepare different written test questions for each job category and class, and reschedule the same date for testing thereof.